Chris Stedman Celebrant

Wedding photo1

It's Easy

Here is a quick and easy step-by-step guide on what we need to do.

  • Contact me to arrange an appointment. I need to meet you both. Allow around 60 minutes so I can get to know you and what your requirements are. I can meet you in the CBD at a time and date that suits you best.
  • I need to sight your original Australian birth certificate or translated overseas passport.
  • If there has been a previous marriage, divorce or death, a certificate must be sighted.
  • You must both be over 18.
  • I will show you how to complete and sign a notice of intended marriage form. This needs to be done at least 30 days before your marriage.
  • I will have you sign the declaration stating your intention to marry each other.
  • We will then plan the details of your ceremony.
  • Full prepayment can be processed via bank transfer or cash.
  • Should you have any further questions or requests, I am always on call for you up until your special day.
  • I will submit the Marriage documents at the Registry Office on your behalf.

For overseas couples

  • Regardless of what country you come from, if you want to be married in and around the beaches and harbour of Sydney, I can help you.
  • You must be over 18 years of age to marry in Australia. You do not have to be a resident here and there is no time frame or period of residence status. It is not necessary that you require a single status document from your country.
  • I am available to marry you on board a boat on the harbour or in a park, garden or your venue of choice. Getting married in Sydney will create a magical memory that will live with you both forever.
  • Included in my fee are all legal papers, prepared here in Sydney. You will need to show me your translated Passports or Birth Certificates. If you have been married before, I need to see a translated divorce or death certificate. Please note that you cannot be married in Australia unless have these documents with you.
  • I am required to lodge the necessary paperwork no later than 31 days from your wedding date. If you will not be in Sydney before this, you can print out a Notice of Intention to Marry Form from my links page. The back of the Form will tell you who can witness the form for you if you are overseas. Notary Public or the Australian Embassy or Consulate can assist you. This form then should be emailed to me. I will arrange all of the remaining legal paper work necessary for you to be married here. I will give you a marriage certificate on your wedding day. Depending on your country, you may need to obtain a stamp of this certificate from the Sydney Marriage Office, before leaving Australia.

Chris Stedman Celebrant

Enlarge Map

Marriage Rings